GTI’s New Year’s Resolutions - Dec 15 2011
With a new brand, new image and new website, it’s easy to be excited about the things 2012 will bring our way. We’re going to kick off the new year with a few traditional New Year’s resolutions.
1. Get fit. We’re starting a Five-A-Day challenge for our staff to encourage them to eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day, exercise 5 days a week, and do 5 things a week that reduce stress. We hope this will make for healthier and happier employees!
2. Give up a bad habit. What bad habits? Okay, so maybe we have a few… We are constantly working to improve our service levels. Our traffic managers even have informal contests to see which shift has the best numbers. This year we’re going to work even harder to improve our Service Level Management through training, incentives and elbow grease.
3. Learn something new. We’ve been busy setting up new training computers and are building new training programs using a Learning Management System. This program will allow us to make our training program a state-of-the-art, effective teaching tool and will ensure that our employees are trained to do their best on each and every client’s campaign.
4. Help others. In 2012, we’re going to reach out to our community. Our Daily Bread (http://ourdailybreaddenton.org) is a community soup kitchen here in Denton that serves 250 meals a day and provides clothing and services to the hungry and the homeless. We’d like to do what we can by holding a quarterly food drive to help them meet the needs of their clients.
5. Get organized. It’s time to clean out those filing cabinets!
6. Spend more time with friends and family. This year, we’re committed to taking more time during employee orientation to get to know the new members of our family a little better, and to give them a chance to get to know us. We want them to stay here for a long time – that makes for happy employees and happier customers.